Volunteer Vacancy: Bosun
Approx Time Commitment: 5-10 hours/month (flexible)
As Bosun you’ll head up our boat maintenance team, supported by the committee and leaders. We have a fleet of powered craft with outboard engines, sailing dinghies and kayaks. Main responsibilities of the role are:
- Maintain an inventory of all boating equipment
- Arrange/book in annual servicing of engines & lifejakets
- Maintenance/basic repairs to equipment as required
- Ensure safety equipment onboard boats is kept in date
- Dealing with bookings for boating equipment as required
- Liaising with our Group Executive Committee to purchase new equipment
- Optionally: Become part our our Group Executive Commitee and attend 4 meetings per year + AGM to help facilitate the running of the Group.
Interested in this volunteer role?
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us! If you want to find out a bit more about the role or think it might be for you please complete the form below with your contact details and we'll be back in touch for a no obligation chat.